Thursday 16 May 2013

Pre-Welsh Open Competition


Its only a few days away to the Welsh Open in Cardiff and I'm starting to feel a mix of excitement and nervousness setting in. Why? Well I've entered this and it will be my first ever competition with the TAGB. Due to what my wife thinks is me being "injury prone" I'm haven't entered the sparring ,although if there are any executive coloured belts out there, I'll maybe think about this for the Scottish. No, I'm going to try and impress the judges with my interpretation of Won Hyo which I've been fretting and beating myself up about for the past 4 weeks.... circular block not right, bending ready stance as vertical as the famous tower in Pizza. All I can do is my best I guess.

I'm not the only one from Team Harley that has entered either, my daughter is particularly excited about going down to Wales and here's a wee entry she wrote in her log book about it:

"TAGB

Going to Wales for competition, its on the 19th of May. We're going down to see some family as well and on 18th we are also sleeping in a Premier Inn with friends from Tae Kwon Do, Connor and his dad and Karina and her dad. I am doing a pattern and sparring and my brother is doing a pattern so are my mum and dad. I am a red belt my brother is a yellow with a green stripe. My dad is green belt and my mum is a black first dan. We are going down to Wales in a car."

Looking forward to seeing what she writes about it afterwards. If this keeps up maybe she can take over the blog from me.... or maybe not :)

I'll try and get a full report post done when I get back so if club instructors can get me student results with photos, I can get something typed up asap :) Meantime, good luck to everyone taking part, looking forward to see you all on Saturday night and in the arena on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment