Saturday 4 May 2013

Post Friday Beasting

I'm feeling that usual Saturday "day after the night before" feeling. No I've not been drinking, those that know me will know I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since November 2012. I'm talking about the aches and stiffness that comes from possibly over doing it a wee bit but it'll go in a day or so. Friday night, as always, was a great session from warm up to the final exercise...

I never know what Mr Chahal is going to get us to to do for the warm up. It always something different which is good as it keeps it interesting for the younger members of the senior class, and this older member :) Turning kicks on a pad, fast as possible 1 up to 10 and back down 10 to 1 (both legs)... and then the same with side kicks. I did my best to keep up with my 9 year old daughter, who was kicking away next to me, but shes way to fast or maybe it's her shorter legs?? Then some stretching... and into pattern work. I'm working on Won Hyo at the moment, most of it is starting to come but occasionally with my twin forearm block, the rising arm isn't high enough or angled right and circular block was all over the place. But all I have to do is ask Mr Chahal (SIR!) and he quickly points out the faults and how to improve the technique. I need to have this pattern as perfect as possible for the Welsh in couple of weeks.

Now I was seriously thinking before training last night about taking my sparring kit. When I mentioned it to my other half, she scowled at me and said "No...." (those that know Karen know she can be scary at times). She's worried about me causing myself injury.... like I'm really going to punch myself in the face!!??!! But with her being a 1st Dan, I supposed I better not argue... at the moment anyway. So while everyone else was sparring away quite merrily, new start Ryan and I did "see the pad hit the pad". Everyone worked hard as was evident by the sweat streamed faces at the end....

... the end??? No it was Mr Chahal's favourite torture.... I mean exercise (sorry sir!).. THE PLANK! If I can last 15, maybe 20 seconds on this if I'm going well... and what's this "happy place" I'm meant to be going to?? At least one person found this happy place as a certain young man (yes Connor your mum told us!) was smiling while doing this!

As usual a fab Friday night session and roll for the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment