Thursday 15 May 2014

Build Up to Welsh Open 2014

Usually by now I've written up something on wishing everyone good luck etc but this is the first time I've manged to sit down and think about this coming weekend. This coming Sunday will be the anniversary of my first ever TAGB competition, and also my first ever competitive medal win, a bronze in men's patterns. I've entered this again so we'll see how things go this time round. With injury still plaguing me its still a patterns only event at the moment, but I'm determined to get past this ankle problem and get at least one spar in at competition.

We're again, back at that amazingly huge indoor arena at Cardiff University which was set up for 23 areas (I think, it was certainly no less than 20) all of Team Harley will be there along with a good number of Ayrshire and Glasgow Tae Kwon Do clubs. It will be good to catch up with all the local folks going down for the event and of course the people we know from clubs over the rest of UK. Teagan and Ieuan are both excited about the trip but nervous about competing. Most likely every competitor has a similar feeling, but I'm sure we'll all get past that and do ourselves, and our clubs, proud.

As always, I'll be doing some kind of report which will most likely end up here. Any photos will be gratefully received and I'll try and get an album together on the Prestwick & Ayr Tae Kwon Do FaceBook page.

So... Good trip and good luck for Sunday, I'll catch up with you there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment