Friday 29 November 2013

OK Iain, Where the Hells the 2013 Scottish Open Report???

OK I know I know.... I promised this report and you'll all champing at the bit to read it. We'll you can but its not going to appear here... and here's why...

Just after I got back from the Closed, I was chatting on Facebook to John Clark who regularly writes for Martial Arts Illustrated. He suggested that I write the report up and submit the text and some photos to the magazine. I was a bit sceptical at first, it seemed a big undertaking but I kept thinking of the end results on the exposure it would give TAGB Scotland and TaeKwonDo and of course you guys.

So I put fingers to keyboard and started... and stopped... and scratched my head... hummed and hawed a lot but after a couple of weeks I had something I was reasonably happy with. John Clark was good enough to read over it and suggest some changes. After that it went to Master Donnelly and finally I submitted it and a few choice photos to MAI.

I've been dying to tell you all but I wanted to keep it to just a few people in case it didn't go to print. Today (29th November) I found out its in the January edition! To say I'm high on this is an understatement. I cant believe it! Now I wasnt able to include everyone but there will be other articles and other competitions... and now I have this writing bug....

I'd like to thank John Clark, Neal Molyneaux and Bob Sykes for all their help with this.

"More to come??", you ask.... I think so... I hope so... It was certainly fun writing it and a really good learning experience. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading it, Iain, and I'm glad to have been of assistance.

    John Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading it myself John. Even though I nearly know the text off by heart. And thank for the "Heart Attack" when you told me it wasn't 2 page but 4 pages long! :)
    Iain

    ReplyDelete