Friday 23 August 2013

Busy September for Phoenix

Two major events taking place in September. First off on 7th September at Ravenscraig Sports centre is the Scottish Open Championships. Personally I've been looking forward to this since I knew I was going to miss being at the Worlds. Now I know a lot of you will be disappointed that I'm not entering sparring so you wont get to see me getting my ass kicked in round 1.. but take heart that I am planning to spar in competition at some point before I retire :) Good luck to all competing, I look forward to seeing you all there and hope that there will be some new faces from the clubs at what will be their first of many competitions to come. I'll have a report with as many photos as I can get afterwards.

Second club event is at end of September... its grading time again. For those grading (instructors will let you know if you're eligible) time to get those patterns shining, 3,2,1 step sparring sparkling, line work in step and theory memorised. In case you need reminding my previous post on preparation for grading is here. Since then I've found another online resource called Memrise which Bedford TKD have used to setup a theory guide, have a look here for more information. For your diary, grading dates are Saturday 28th for Glasgow and 29th for Ayrshire clubs. Good luck in you grading preparation!

No comments:

Post a Comment